Tuesday, April 12, 2016

World First Martial Arts Inflatable Obstacle Race Dragon Run

Hi, I am WT reporting on my experience when I had joined the preview of the Dragon Run on 9 April 2016 with my Cher Cher at Goh Tong Jaya, Genting Highlands. I might be the youngest to join the run on that day but I had successfully completed 5 out of 6 obstacles. Now, let me elaborate to all of you what the run is all about.
I am all prepared to beat the drum for the launch of the Dragon Run 2016
On your mark, get set and go to the World's first martial arts inflatable obstacle race Dragon Run that will make its debut on 14th and 15th May 2016 at the Horse Ranch in Resorts World Genting. Designed for those who love of martial arts and the thrill of a run, Dragon Run is an adrenaline-pumping 6K run around a  course that incorporates eye-catching, often towering and certainly challenging Martial Arts-inspired obstacles. An all-ages event set in Asian contemporary atmosphere, Dragon Run will feature activities for the whole family.
I am the first to start the run when the whistle blew. Yeah...
Heed to the calls of the Dragon and fulfill the need for speed. Start at the towering Dragon Gate before taking on the monstrous Giant Dragon, the complex Kung Fu-inspired all-in-one obstacle that will test my balance, endurance and agility. Then complete a course of 10 gigantic martial arts obstacles in the styles of Dragon Kung Fu, Taekwondo, Muay Thai, Sumo and Jeet Kune Do that promises adrenaline and endorphins-pumping experience.
Here I am at the end of the Giant Dragon
At the Giant Dragon, I had learned some Dragon Kung Fu. I need to climb up the stairs and then bounce. I had to balance myself at the bridge going up the stairs again and then slide down. The last part, I need to crawl till the end to complete my obstacle at the Giant Dragon.
Me at the Palm Tree Forest
At Palm Tree Forest, I had to kick 20 times, Knees 20 times, Elbow 20 times and lastly Punches 20 times. Indeed a very tiring times for me but I learn fighting in Muay Thai to prepared myself to get through the combat area. 
Hearing some instructions before my challenge at Kick Maze
My 3rd obstacle is at Kick Maze where I learned to fight using the Taekwondo skills. Once entered, I had to kick 5 Hidden Targets before kick out my way to exit.

Then I have to do some running to another area to complete another 3 obstacles. At Sumo Wobble, I had to do some Sumo skills by pushing down the giant sumo wrestler and feel their immense presence. Balance, power and timing is the key in this challenge.


Enter, Push and Escape at Sumo Wobble
After that I entered the Yin Yang Gate. I had to climb, bounce and exit with my Jeet Kune Do fighting method to complete the challenge. Balance is life and this enormous gate is a symbol of the energy balance,
Yin Yang Gate
For the last obstacle, I am not qualified to compete it because the challenge is for teenagers and adults aged 12 years old and above. Since a bit dangerous, I was not allowed to join the challenge.


This challenge known as the Big Boss where the participants had to used Jeet Kune Do fighting spirit. They had to climb up the long stair case and slide down with a flying kick skill. It require your 100% concentration and balance. All participants for this challenge will get wet, water is our friend. 

Even though I only completed 5 out of 6 obstacles, I had a great fun running, jumping, crawling, fighting, kicking, beating and learning some martial arts. It was a great experience for me because I never done that before. Every obstacles are quite challenging and I had successfully completed all the challenges without any fear. Thanks to Dragon Run and Citrine One for the great opportunity and hopefully I'll be given another chance to join their run on 14th and 15th of May. If you want to join me too, then get your tickets here at https://liv3ly.com/event/details/Dragon+Run+2016. Thanks for visiting my blog.
I had the Dragon Run medal after completed my challenge. Yeah...



5 comments:

  1. wah the race looks fun. Will join it hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow nice, next time ask me join also..

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhh ini anak jane kan ? eh im confused already, that was the best event tau... so fun !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting event with a lot of inflatable obstacles, especially the catchy dragon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wahhhh...the race look interesting and fun...can i join this kind of event in future...hehehehe

    ReplyDelete